Monday, January 26, 2009

Lesson Number 4: The Ever-Changing Tide of Life

Life is comical in many ways. There is so much substance to take into account and yet we tend to look over minute details that can altar our future in such drastic ways. The route I take to work everyday or the food I eat at lunch, all of that determines my future. How so? Well if I were to choose a route that took me more time to get to work, then I could avoid a fatal car crash that occurred on my usual path. Even the food I eat can cause me to become ill and maybe I would end up missing that day of work entirely. I will never know what may have happened if I were to have followed my usual course but I do know where I am now in my life and for that I am ever thankful because there are a lot of people that have it worse off then me.

Now the day that I live in is where I make my current choice of how I am going to go about my life. With the facts presented to me as of late I am now faced with coming to terms with that information and it is by that choice that I will take the next step in my journey of life. Twenty-four hours ago I was entirely oblivious to what was about to come or how it could possibly affect my life. My past actions towards the matter have been not so positive and now I will be challenged with becoming the face of positive attitude that I am being forced to portray. It does me no good to act as though I am happy about the circumstances, instead I must learn to actually live how I am called to live. This can be done, but with some persistence and patience.

Often times there are factors in life that are uncontrollable. For example, my brother provided me with some information that left me both upset and useless. Being there for my siblings has always been something that I was able to do, until now. With their recent move I have been disconnected from them in so many ways that I am not quite sure who they are anymore. As disturbing as this is to me, there is nothing that I can do to prevent the way that things are becoming. My brothers’ dislike for his current placement makes me want to bring back to the home that he grew up in but this would be the part where I feel useless in this situation. I am in no way able to assist him in what he may want, instead I can only offer a word here and there and an ear that is willing to listen. This is the best that I can do but I wish I could do so much more.

This is the phenomenon known as the ever-changing tide of life. One moment may be completely understood and silent on the home front, but the next wave can bring a series of complications that turn your world upside down. Although it may seem that our situation is especially rare, there have been countless situations that are the same or similar to what we see ourselves in. The reality is, our fathers and forefathers have gone through much more of this strife and here I am complaining of my own misfortune. Instead of focusing on the problematic, why do I not focus on the positive aspects of life? Now’s the time to stop blaming life for delivering us all the bull-crap of the world and start thanking God for all the blessings he has shown through our life on His earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment