Thursday, December 18, 2008

Lesson Number 1

There will always be a time in your life when you find a friend that you imagine will be in your life forever. This friend may be male, famale, older, or younger. These things do not matter, what matters is whatever bond you have with that friend. But what happens when this friend shakes things up a bit and you start feeling left behind? Less than a real friend? or worse, sub-human? In my recent experience I have found that I wanted to take the matter into my own hands and rectify the situation. I have come to notice that humanity has a character flaw that pushes us to act in irrational ways. I have labeled this action "Immature Activity." We take action without thinking it through thoroughly and we end up dealing with the consequences in the same way. I was certain that I did not want to do this because the fragility of the situation could have left me with two less friends. So instead of acting I have taken an hour or so out of every night to write out my feelings and prayers. I have down this in my journal, not in blog form. In doing this, I have been able to wipe away my hurt feelings every night and replace them with some happy thoughts. Although those bad feelings seem to return almost regularly every night, I know that through prayer I will be able to rid myself of them. It is through my writing and prayer that I seek something. I seek a solution, but more importantly I seek peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment