Thursday, December 18, 2008

Lesson Number 2

Last night I had a dream about something I had been taught this past summer. It wasn't plain and simple like you may think, but it was definitely a sign of how humanity works. Few people know that I am an avid turtle admirer. Yes, me, it is true haha. Well I'm staying at a friends house for the time being and he owns a turtle (but it's hibernating right now, urghh!). This might sound a bit odd but this is how my dream actually begins.

A group of my school friends and I were all here at my friends' house. Don't ask my why everyone would drive all this way, but the point is, we were all here. It was summer time and we were hanging out, swimming in the pool and playing with the turtle. It was hilarious because in my dream the turtle was acting like the "dog" of the family and was actually playful. So as we're playing with Big Guy (thats his name), one of the people we know from school comes into the backyard and takes him. We all run after him and arrive in the street just in time to see him brutally thrown Big Guy into a gutter and roll into a sewage drain. My friend and I were shocked to see such cruelty but my friend was paralyzed and wouldn't do anything about it. I, on the other hand lifted up the man hole, told my friend to go and get him while I held it and then we saved him. After that I was so furious that I went after the guys who did it while my friend sat back and watched.

Now I have two interpretations of this dream. One would show how humanity has been so twisted that they feel it would be alright to be cruel. Another would be the examination of me and my friend. I was the one that got angry and took revenge against the guy, while my friend sat down and was content with having his pet back. Does my fury make me a bad person in this case? I wouldn't normally think so, but I have come to learn that it is with a heart of God that we begin to forgive and love those around us. As good as it felt to beat the snot out of the guy who did it, it would have felt 10 times better to know that I was acting as Christ would have acted in that situation.

ps: I can name each and every person that was in the dream, I just didn't want to mention names.

No comments:

Post a Comment